Reviews for "Cue to Call"
- "...I'm going to upload it permanently to my recommendations playlist!" - equalternative Instagram influencer
- "Es una buena canción, las añadiré a una de mis playlist" - Indie Spotlight Instagram influencer
- "We really like the upbeat and groovy hooks on this piece. It's a fusion of funk, indie pop, with subtle jazzy undertones. It's easygoing, smooth, and so chill. The rhythmic clouts make for a really spacious sonic atmosphere. We appreciate the vocal play amongst the singers. It's nicely blended and clearly the personnel involved are of high calibers. The bassline prog is reminiscent of the likes of Brian Bromberg, Victor Wooten. " - UNXIGNED Music Blog
- "Cool performance indeed and great funky groove. " - Secret Eclectic Music Blog
- "The organs were quite impressive I must say, and the track had a cohesive progression too" - Stereofox Music Blog
- "Appealing male lead and female backing vocal." - IndieObsessive Music Blog
- "A groovy funky indie rock and funky jam band-esque tune with some cool vocals and instrumentation. Well crafted and a lot of fun.. " - We All Want Someone to Shout For Music Blog
- "I love the drums and the guitars. Very funky bass line. Cool sound overall." - Rock The Pigeon Music Blog
- "The song is solid with good writing and the production sets a nice tone..." - Global Money World blog
- "The ensemble of the part starting at 2:15 was amazing." - Niche Music blog
- "...The music is awesome and your vocals are impressive, you have a nice style and you master this art perfectly." - Yellow & Black Music blog
- "I enjoyed the guitars and the song has a cool energy." - Caesar Live N Loud music blog
- "...The music has a nice sound especially the guitar work that feels good to hear..." - Global Money World blog
- "The playing is just beautiful! Damn that bass sound!" - Eduard Banulescu of Alt77 blog
- "Nice summery vibe - a welcome break in a bleak winter! Can definitely hear the Steely Dan influences." - Belwood Music
- "A smooth tender laid back vibe that feels like a cool summer day...some sharp instrumentation and production behind it" - We All Want Someone To Shout For blog
- "Throwin’ the FUNK down! I dig it! Looking forward to sharing it with our listeners" - Sean McHugh, morning music curator on 95.7 That Station, Raleigh, NC
- "I totally get where fans of this sort of funk music would really be into this...You guys are definitely headed in a good direction..." - Hugh McIntyre, popbangboomblog.com
- "With fresh ideas alongside a comfortably familiar sound, “Karma” is a captivating new release." - Mike Mineo - Obscuresound.com"
- "It doesn't take long to be able to like the latest single from Will McBride Group entitled "Karma". A funky blues instantly will make you sway little...the solo guitar makes you open and amazed. Blues drums from beginning to end are like sexy background dancers, faithfully escorting this song full of wisdom." (translated) Parapop, Pop News Media Outlet for Alternative/Indie In Indonesia
- "...what a GREAT job at recording and mixing the song! Vocals sound great, all the parts are well done. There is a lot of good work in this song, great guitar, bass and drums..., it really does have a nice sound and feel to it." - Moses Mo, guitarist for legendary funk/rockers Mother's Finest
- "It's the ability to make you feel good is what makes the Will McBride Group special. They do it every time. "Earthquake" is fresh and original and its smooth. It's like a happy dream! This song has the ability to stick in your head all day." - Bob the Blade - legendary Raleigh radio host
- "This song sounds definitively "cool" and suave, with a combination of evident musicianship and catchy songwriting that retains the spirit of classic rock (guitar solo at 03:20) while still bringing forth some fresh ideas." - Mike Mineo - Obscuresound.com
- "Nice and cruisy, great sound! A bit of a prog rock feel to this song as well which I love...Well done" - Shayne Locke - SoultravelerRadio.com
- "Any fan of good old blues and soulful funk sounds will be right at home with 'ALL IN' - John Moyer - Uncle John's Radar
- "McBride sports a strong voice, and cuts such as "If You Were Gone" nail the early '80s post-disco pop vibe that Hall & Oates mapped out with "Maneater." Similarly, the boisterous Big Easy swing of "Funkside" boasts an over-the-top energy that recalls Kool & the Gang." "To counter, McBride also offers a reverent take on Billy Joel's "Just the Way You Are."...The record's real standout,..."Tell Me I'm Wrong" blends slinky bass and eerie keys in a way that recalls Elvis Costello's "Watching the Detectives."...music offers verve through juxtaposition—a real swagger." - Chris Parker - Independent Weekly
- "The delivery is on point and the reality of it all is that it’s just a top notch mark in this band’s rolodex. Review of the 'ALL IN'" - Kendra Beltran - Bandblurb
- "Perhaps the most impressive aspect of the band is the way they weave in transitions that you think might sound disparate but are seamless.... Overall, an impressive concoction of structure that felt natural but original." Ted Rogan - DivideandConquermusic.com
- "I received your excellent CD -- so great to hear interesting music several notches above today's mostly homogeneous songs." M. Baryla, music fan.
- "The songs themselves are extremely dynamic and progressive in nature, and the songwriting is extremely creative and clever…Overall 3PLAY by Will McBride Group is an extremely entertaining catalogue of music. It’s strong suit – the amazing amount of originality, creativity and musical diversity this EP has to offer. The production value is thick as a brick and … I especially enjoyed the amazing musicianship…" - Cyrus Rhodes - Indie Music Digest
- "The Will McBride Group is brilliant! Brilliant not just the way they represent “Music Meets lyrical satire” but in his amazing musical personality and playing style as well. Hearing the full length CD this year is on my to do list for sure!” Favorite song is “Mental Health Day” I had this track on repeat mode in the car after a bad day at work" - Rory Richardson - EvO:R
- "…overall the mixes are well balanced, and the production is top shelf. Will McBride gets a strong buy recommendation from me. These guys are much better than the average band, and you will be far from disappointed by this EP." - Michele Wilson Morris - The Entertainment Bank
- "The Will McBride Group did a fine job with their short session. Their originals like “Picture Windows” and “90 Minutes to Nowhere” were really good. The band also performed (another original called) “Tribute” that I thought was impressive. Frankly, their music was a nice departure from what I’ve been hearing lately so it worked like a charm for me." - review of performance at DPAC opening for ZZ Top, written by Sheryl Bryant - Raleighmusic.com
- "...Will McBride shook it all up on the Jazz Stage. With a little rocker from Steely Dan, some saucy Carlos Santana, and standards like the incredibly good "Fly Me to the Moon", WMG fell right in to the blend." -Sheryl Bryant, Raleighmusic.com from the 2013 Pleasure Island Seafood Blues & Jazz Fest
- "Band sounds great and we'd be fine with you opening the show...especially with original music." - Wayne Nelson - Lead vocalist and bassist with the Little River Band.
Our music has spun in the Carolinas on:
And featured worldwide on these and many other fine FM stations:
Live Performance videos
Popular cover songs:
Plus jazz standards including:
Take The “A” Train
Well You Needn’t
Fly Me To the Moon
…and so much more!!
Take The “A” Train
Well You Needn’t
Fly Me To the Moon
…and so much more!!